Updated Feb 14, 2023
Collection of Information
By using Placemate’s online site and Placemate’ services, users agree that Placemate may collect personal information (as defined below).
Placemate will not share personal information with other parties except as described in this policy. Placemate may also collect general information as well as personal information. “General information” is information that describes the demographics and use of the service of users as a group but does not describe or reveal the identity of any particular user. “Personal information” is information about a user that is presented in a form distinguishable from information relating to other users but not in a form that personally identifies any user or enables the recipient to communicate directly with any user.
Placemate may share general information with other parties for research purposes. Personal information about each user is not visible by other parties or other users except as described below. Placemate may access Personal information at any time. While Placemate will keep Personal information of each user confidential, Placemate is entitled to share Personal information about a user to selected recipients subject to prior agreement by the user. “Personal information” is information that can be used to uniquely identify a user, such as name, address or date of birth. You may be asked to provide personal information in connection with the use of Placemate’ online site and services. While Placemate collects personal information on a voluntary basis, Placemate’ collection of personal information may be a requirement for access to Placemate’ services. Use of Personal information is used internally by Placemate to deliver our services.
Placemate will not share personally identifying information with third parties for marketing purposes.
Placemate may release personal information to comply with court orders or laws that require us to disclose such information. In the event of a reorganization, sale or merger we may transfer personal information to the relevant third party.
STORAGE OF PERSONAL INFORMATION
We may collect and store any information contained in communications between yourself and other users on the site, where such communications have taken place via our on-site messaging system. We do not routinely monitor all communications but we may use software to track communications and we reserve the right to monitor them in order to investigate any suspected breach of our terms and conditions, illegal behavior or any other misuse of our service or for any other reasonable reason as determined by us from time to time. Our lawful basis for processing this information is the legitimate interest of the company. Namely, to ensure that the services we offer remain suitable for our customers, to help resolve any customer disputes, to facilitate the identification of fraudulent activity and to assist any other legal investigations.
We may also collect certain information about your visits to our website and how you use it. This may include your IP address, geographical location, browser type, referral source, length of visit, number of page views and similar information. We may use this information for a number of purposes, including website administration, optimizing the use and performance of the website, disclosing to third-party contributors or for security purposes. Individual users will not be identifiable from this information.
USE OF YOUR INFORMATION
- to provide you with other marketing communications by mail and/or electronic means (such as email, text) about our products, services, events, special discounts and offers, which you have requested to be sent or which we feel may interest you, where you have not opted out of being contacted for such purposes. You are free to unsubscribe at any time by sending us an email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- to send you other general (non-marketing) commercial communications, such as information about the website and services provided to you by us at that time.
- to provide customer service in relation to your use of the website, to contact you, to deal with inquiries and complaints relating to the use of the website and to notify you about changes to our services.
- to develop, improve and personalize our website and associated applications in order to improve your Placemate experience. We share data with the organizations, including, but not limited to: HotJar- to improve website user experience Facebook Analytics- to help us understand our users’ usage and behavior across our platforms Google Analytics- to help us better market our products and services
- to provide third parties with statistical information about our users – this information will not be able to be used to identify any individual user.
Disclosure of your information to recipients (or categories of recipients)
USERS UNDER THE AGE OF 18
Placemate will not knowingly collect personal information from any person aged under 18.
COOKIES AND OTHER INFORMATION ON A USER’S MACHINE
SECURITY AND DATA RETENTION
We employ appropriate technological and operational security measures to protect against any unauthorized access to or unlawful processing of any personal information about you that we hold. We will retain your information for a period as defined in our data retention policy or as long as the law requires or permits.
Data transmission over the internet is inherently insecure. Although we employ appropriate technological and organizational security measures to protect your data we cannot guarantee the security of any data sent over the internet.
CALIFORNIA PRIVACY STATEMENT
The following provision applies to users in the State of California. We do our best to keep your data accurate and up to date, to the extent that you provide us with the information we need to do so. If your data changes, then you are responsible for notifying us of those changes. Upon request, we will provide you with information about whether we hold, or process on behalf of a third party, any of your personally identifiable information. We will retain your information for as long as needed to provide you with the Service and may retain your information in anonymized form perpetually for the purpose of improving the Service. We may also retain and use your information in order to comply with our legal obligations, resolve disputes, prevent abuse, and enforce our agreements. As explained in this Policy, we share your personally identifiable information in order to provide and support our services.